Ella Meyer Keiller Papers
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook compiled during Keiller's time (1942-1944) at Camp Hale, Colo. containing photographs of daily life and camp personnel (most identified), signed mementos of men from the 87th Infantry, memorabilia, correspondence, clippings and camp art.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ella Irene Meyer was born in Greeley, Colo. in 1919. From 1942-1944 she worked as a clerk-typist in the finance office at Camp Hale, Colo. Meyer joined the U.S. Coast Guard in 1944. She later married Hugh Calvin Keiller and moved to Ontario, Canada in 1947.
1 oversize boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Elle Keiller; 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Keiller, Ella Irene, 1919- -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Finance office.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ella Meyer Keiller Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script