Harry J. Reinig Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains wartime correspondence (V-Mail, postcards), correspondence regarding donation, meal ticket, menu, memoirs, citation, Army Hour (radio broadcast, script, copy, original) and newspaper clipping.
- Reinig, Harry J., 1923-2015 (Person)
- Minott, Russell (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harry Reinig was born October 10, 1923 in San Francisco, California. He enlisted in the Army on February 8, 1943 at Butte, Montana. At the time of his enlistment, Reinig had completed one year of college. He served with the 10th Mountain Division’s 86th Infantry Regiment, Company A, as a platoon runner and radioman. He also taught skiing at Camp Hale. Following the war, Reinig obtained a BS degree in business administration. Reinig died on July 30, 2015 in Helena, Mont.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Harry Reinig and Russell Minott; 1996, 2001, 2005, 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reinig, Harry J., 1923-2015 -- Archives
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harry Reinig Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 21, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States