Frank Ledlie Moore Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains postcards, warranty deed, deed of trust, release of deed of trust and correspondence.
- Moore, Frank Ledlie, 1846-1938 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Ledlie Moore was born in New York City, N.Y. in 1846. He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute as civil engineer in 1867. Early 1870s travelled west. In Denver, Colo. involved with real estate and construction. Built first brick building in Denver that was used as the capitol. Engaged in buying and selling herds of cattle. Married Caroline Frances Belcher of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. in 1878. Moved back East and became a nationally known figure in the florist trade. Died in Chatnam, N.J. in 1938.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Shirley Flint, 2005.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Buildings -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moore, Frank Ledlie, 1846-1938 -- Archives
- Real estate business -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Frank Ledlie Moore Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States