Thomas G. Pace Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letter, military records, bronze star citation (1943-1946, n.d.).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Pace was born in Orange, N.J. on March 21, 1925 and was inducted into the Army at Newark, N.J. on May 6, 1943. At the time of his enlistment he had completed two years of high school, was single and working as a machinist's apprentice. Pace joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, he received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions on Hill 913 at Castel d' Aiano on April 14, 1945. Pace died in Orange, N.J. on October 1, 2001.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift,Frank Cocuzza, 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pace, Thomas G., 1925-2001 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script