Gordon A. Craig Papers
Scope and Contents
Items in the collection include copies of 15 black and white photographs (1943-1945); copy of a letter from William H. Cruickshank to Charles Craig about his father Gordon A. Craig (2002); biographical sketch by Charles Craig (2008).
- 1943-1945, 2002, 2008
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gordon A. Craig was born in Madison, Wis. in 1925. He was an active skier who volunteered for the ski troops and served with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. He was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment and was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo., where he took part in the "D-Series" training maneuvers. Later he was stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. Craig participated in combat operations against the German Army in Italy. Gordon Craig died in 1993.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Charles M. Craig, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Craig, Gordon A., 1925-1993 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script