Thomas J. Charles diaries
Scope and Contents
Original pocket diary for 1869 and typed transcripts of 1868 and 1871 diaries detail the daily life of a miner in early Colorado.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Georgetown, Colo. miner.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Repository of original 1868 and 1871 diaries unknown.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Miners -- Colorado -- Georgetown. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado -- Georgetown. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Thomas J. Charles diaries,1868-1869, 1871
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script