Hyman Goldenberg Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains Goldenberg's scrapbook with clippings, copies of his military records (1943-1945); family correspondence (1943-1945, 1968); copy of his memoirs: Recollection of 1945 (1999); ephemera; propaganda leaflets.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Hyman Goldenberg was born in the Bronx, New York in 1918 and enlisted in the Army at Boston, Massachusetts in April 1943. His parents were Polish immigrants: Dora and Samuel Goldenberg. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had four years of high school and was working as a traffic engineer. Goldenberg joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Initially assigned to Company F of the 8th Infantry Regiment; he was also with the 86th Infantry Regiment Headquarters, 2nd Battalion; Company L of the 90th Infantry Regiment; before joining Company C of the 126th Mountain Engineer Battalion. He achieved the rank of Private First Class. Goldenberg married Lorraine Brenn on June 29, 1944 in Boston, Massachusetts. He died in 2000.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Lorry Goldenberg; 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former TMD scrapbook #56.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Goldenberg, Hyman, 1918-2000 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hyman Goldenberg Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 26, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script