Robert Duvall oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Duvall's role as a replacement soldier with the 85th Infantry Regiment including his perceptions of the soldiers who were already members and had trained with the 10th Mountain Division as skiers; his transport to Naples, Italy aboard the SS Monticello.
- Check date
- Duvall, Robert C.,1920- (Person)
- Hampton, Myrna, (Person)
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert C. Duvall was born in Miller, Mo. in 1920 and enlisted in the Army at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. in June 1944. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a farm hand. Duvall served his basic training in Fla. and was sent to Italy as a replacement soldier to the 10th Mountain Division. He was a member of Company B of the 85th Infantry Regiment and was discharged from the Army in May 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Robert C. Duvall;gift;2006. Myrna Hampton;gift;2006.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Duvall, Robert C., 1920- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. Armadillo chapter.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert Duvall oral history,2005[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States