Herbert S. Eisenstein oral history
Scope and Contents
Discusses the life and service of Roy Tucker Moore who served in the same company in the 10th Mountain Division. Ross Raney is Mr. Moore's grandson. Both men served in Northern Italy during WWII. Moore was killed by a sniper when they were dug in on a forward slope of the Appennine Ranges. Eisenstein talks about the events and conditions leading up to and following Moore's death. He also talks about training at Camp Hale and Camp Swift, and about his own service during the war.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Eisenstein born in New York City. Nineteen at the time of his military service. Former member of the anti-tank platoon headquarters company, 2nd Battalion, 86th Infantry, 10th Mountain Division. Received a Bronze Star on April 15 for his service at Cereglio. Roy Tucker Moore from Nebraska was 34 years old at the time of his military service. Member of the 2nd Battalion, 86th Infantry, 10th Mountain Division. Killed by sniper fire on March 16, 1945 when his company was dug in on a forward slope of the Appennine Ranges.
2 sound cassettes
Other Finding Aids
Typed transcript of tape available.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ross A. Raney, 1996.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eisenstein, Herbert S. -- Interviews.
- Moore, Roy Tucker -- Archival resources.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- Finding Aid for the Herbert S. Eisenstein oral history,1996[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script