Stephen W. Mindock Papers
Scope and Contents
Materials in the collection include an assortment of color and black and white photographic prints relating to "mule packing" (ca. 1944); "machine gun emplacement" (ca. 1944); "Kiska Island occupation" (1943).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Stephen W. Mindock was born in Michigan in 1920. He had completed four years of high school, was still single, and worked as a photoengraver prior to his enlistment in the Army at Wausau, Wisconsin on March 4, 1942. Mindock joined the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Company A at Fort Lewis, Washington. He participated in the invasion and occupation of Kiska Island in 1943. While the 10th Mountain Division was training at Camp Swift, Texas, Mindock was selected for officer's candidate school. He departed for Fort Benning, Georgia in October 1944 and did not return to the Division.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Stephen Mindock; Gift; 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mindock, Stephen W., 1920- -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stephen W. Mindock Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 17, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script