Dwight C. Williams Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of copies of two photographs of Dwight Carlton Williams.
- Circa 1944
- Williams, Dwight,1924-1945. (Person)
- Gould-Lyle, Georgia, (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Dwight Carlton Williams was born in Minneapolis, Minn. in 1924. He attended Edina Grade School, Blake High School and Harvard College. Williams joined the 10th Mountain Division in 1943 at Camp Hale, Colo. He was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment, Company B. Williams was killed in action near Nago, Italy on April 30, 1945 and is buried in the American Cemetery in Florence, Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portraits Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Portraits. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- Williams, Dwight, 1924-1945 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Portraits. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dwight C. Williams Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 7, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States