Wendall Broomhall Papers
Scope and Contents
Newspaper clipping about Broomhall from the Lake Tahoe Tribune (December 3, 2000).
- Broomhall, Wendall,1919- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Wendall Broomhall was born in Me. in 1919 and enlisted in the Army at Portland, Me. in 1942 and attained the rank of Sergeant. At the time of his enlistment he had four years of age, was a sports instructor and official, and unmarried. Broomhall served with the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Wash., Fort Ord, Calif., Kiska Island, Alaska, Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and in Italy. He served with several units, the principal being Company A of 87th Infantry. In 1947, Broomhall was selected to represent the U.S. as a cross country skier at the 1948 Winter Olympics held in St. Moritz, Switzerland. He also participated in the Columbia Ice Fields expedition.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Broomhall, Wendall, 1919- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States