Cullen Thomas Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the following materials: correspondence (1945); military papers (1946-1948); memorabilia, maps, military ephemera (ca. 1945); pamphlets, manuals (ca. 1944); scrapbook with photographs (1943-1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Cullen was born in New York in 1922. He had completed two years of college and was unmarried when he enlisted in the Army in September 1942 in Albany, New York. Cullen joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was engaged in mountain and winter warfare training at Camp Hale, Colorado. He then transferred to Camp Swift, Texas. Initially, he was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Second Battalion and later to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Company H. Cullen was engaged in combat operations against the German Army in Italy in 1945 and returned to the United States to Camp Carson, Colorado. He died in 1997.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Joan Cullen; Gift; 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cullen, Thomas, 1922-1997 -- Archives.
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cullen Thomas Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 23, 202
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script