Clint L. Andavall Papers
Scope and Contents
The materials include correspondence containing Andavall's recollections about WWII (2002); scrapbook; copies of photographs, newspaper clippings (1943-1954, 2003).
- 1943-1945, 2001-2003
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Clinton Andavall was born in New York in 1924 and he enlisted in the Army in New York City, N.Y. in 1943. Andavall had completed hight at the time of his enlistment and was unmarried. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., where he was assigned to Company A of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Later, he was reassigned to Company L of the 86th Regiment. He served at Camp Swift and had attained the rank of Corporal before he was sent to officer's candidate school at Fort Benning, Ga. Andavall died in 2004.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Clint Andavall, 2001.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Andavall, Clint L., 1924-2004 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script