David R. Brower Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains assorted newspaper clippings and a reprint of an article from the Sierra Club Bulletin: "Pursuit in the Alps" (1946).
- Brower, David,1912-2000. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
David R. Brower was born in Calif. in 1912 and joined the Army at San Francisco, Calif. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment, he had two years of college and had worked as a postal clerk and photographer. He served at Fort Lewis, Wash., Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and in Italy. With the 10th Mountain Division he was a First Lieutenant and a member of the Mountain Training Group; Company L of the 87th Infantry Regiment; Headquarters, Company I, of the 1st Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment; and Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 86th. During combat service in Italy, Brower received a Bronze Star medal for actions in the Apennines and the Po Valley. David Brower died in Calif. in 2000.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Repository also has Remount Blue : the combat story of the 3d Battalion, 86th Mountain Infantry compiled and edited by David R. Brower (C940.542 R288re)
- Brower, David Ross, 1912-2000 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script