Clarence E. Campbell Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains clippings (n.d.); and copies of Campbell's military papers (1941-1945).
- Campbell, Clarence E.,1922-2003. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Although he was born Clarence E. Crane in Wash. in 1922, Crane later changed his surname to Campbell before he began his military career. Campbell subsequently joined the Army at Fort MacArthur, San Pedro, Calif. in 1941. By that time, he had completed four years of high school and was unmarried at the time of his enlistment. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Lewis, Wash. and also served at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Kiska Island, Alaska, and later Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. Campbell was assigned to Company A of the 87th Infantry Regiment, later he was in the Medical Unit of the 87th, the Mountain Training Group, Medical Unit of the 10th, and Headquarters of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He eventually attained the rank of First Lieutenant during his tour of duty with the 10th Mountain, and he retired from the military as Lieutenant Colonel. Campbell died in 2003.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Campbell, Clarence E., 1922-2003 -- Archives.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script