John T. Evans Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains clippings, correspondence relating to Evans military service and death (1998-1999); and copies of photographs (1923-1943).
- Evans, John T. ,1923-1945. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John T. "Tim" Evans was born in Ill. in 1923 and joined the Army at Fresno, Calif. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he had one year of college and was unmarried. Evans joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Company A, and later to Service Company of the 86th Infantry Regiment. After transferring to Camp Swift, Tex. he was sent to Italy. Evans was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his action in the Apennines in 1945. He was killed in action at Torbole, Italy on April 30, 1945. He had attained the rank of Sergeant Major.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Evans, John T. , 1923-1945 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States