Anthony J. Mancuso Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945, 1946) and ephemera (n.d.).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Anthony J. Mancuso was born in N.Y. in 1924 and enlisted in the Army in New York City, N.Y. in 1943. He had completed four years of high school and was unmarried at the time of his enlistment. Mancuso joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Company L of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He was transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mike Myers.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mancuso, Anthony J., 1924- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script