Edwin H. Mizer Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1944-1945); military papers (1945, 1950's, 1960's).
- Mizer, Edwin,1923- (Person)
- Mizer, Paul, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edwin H. Mizer was born in Ohio in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Akron, Ohio in 1943. At the time of his enlistment he had completed four years of high school, worked in the production of industrial chemicals and was unmarried. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Carson, Colo. and was assigned to Battery A of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion. Mizer also served also at Camp Carson, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., before being sent to Italy. He received the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Torbole in April 1945. Mizer attained the rank of Corporal and later served in the 2nd Division during the Korean War.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Paul Mizer, 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mizer, Edwin, 1923- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States