Jacob R. Nunnemacher Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); a pamphlet on Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.); memoir written by his wife, Jean Lindemann: "Another Perspective - An Untold Story" (2001).
- 1943-1945, 2001
- Nunnemacher, Jacob R.,1919-1945. (Person)
- Lindemann, Jean, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jacob R. Nunnemacher was born in Wis. in 1919 and enlisted in the Army in Milwaukee, Wis. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he had completed 4 years of college and was unmarried. Nunnemacher joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Headquarters of the Mountain Training Center. He was later assigned to the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop at Camp Hale; the Mountain Training Group; and Companies L and B of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He served at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., and Camp Swift, Tex., before being sent to Italy. Nunnemacher was killed in action at Torre Iussi in April 1945 and was posthumously awarded the Silver Star. He had attained the rank of Staff Sergeant.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jean S. Lindemann, 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nunnemacher, Jacob R., 1919-1945 -- Archives.
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States