William A. Southworth Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1944); military papers (1940's); ration book (ca.1944); clippings (1987); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Southern Calif. Chapter papers (n.d.); song lyrics (ca.1944); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944, 1998), 10th Mountain Division reunion (2002).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
William A. Southworth was born in Dallas, Texas in 1921. He attended high school in Long Island, New York and enlisted in the Army in New York City, New York in 1942. Southworth served briefly with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado, where he was assigned to the 90th Infantry Regiment, Company K; 86th Infantry Regiment, Company A and to the 110th Signal Corps. After leaving Camp Hale, Southworth was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and served with military intelligence. Southworth died in 2003.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; William A. Southworth; 1993, 2002, 2003.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former photo collection #2005.034.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ration books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Songs (musical compositions) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Southworth, William A., 1921-2003 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William A. Southworth Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 9, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script