Whitman M. Reynolds Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains two photograph albums (1942-1944) showing images of mountain and winter evacuation procedures; equipment; filming at Mt. Rainier and Camp Hale (Colo.); litter exercise; training exercises at the Columbia Ice Fields, Jasper National Park, Camp Hale (Colo.).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Whitman Reynolds was born in Greenwich, Connecticut on March 18, 1905 and received an M.D. from Columbia University, New York City, New York (1931). He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Lewis, Washington, later serving at both Camp Hale (Colorado) and Camp Swift (Texas). Units Reynolds served with include: Headquarters Company and Headquarters Medical Detachment of the 87th Infantry Regiment; Service Company of the 86th Infantry Regiment; and the Medical Detachment of Headquarters Company. Reynolds attained the rank of Major. He died in Cambridge, Massachusetts on October 29, 1997.
2 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Jeffrey R. Reynolds; 2003.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ft. Lewis (Wash.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reynolds, Whitman M., 1905-1997 -- Archives.
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Whitman M. Reynolds Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 23, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script