Notary ledger Book of Salida, Colo.
Scope and Contents
Notary ledger from Salida, Colo. detailing the names of grantor and grantees with accompanying sales information typed on separate pieces of paper. The types of purchases are described in great detail and include land, cattle, phonographs, etc.
- Gloyd, Clarence D.,1884-1965. (Person)
- Apfelbaum, Charles, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
In the 1910s and 1920s, Clarence D. Gloyd worked as a bookkeeper and real estate agent in Salida, Chaffee County, Colo. He was born in N.Y. on February 25, 1884 and died in San Bernardino, Calif. on September 5, 1965.
1 box (.25 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Charles Apfelbaum Books LLC (Watchung, N.J), 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Cattle -- Purchasing -- Colorado -- Chaffee County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gloyd, Clarence D., 1884-1965 -- Archives.
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Purchasing -- Colorado -- Chaffee County -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate agents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Real estate agents -- Colorado -- Salida. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate business -- Colorado -- Chaffee County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sales -- Colorado -- Chaffee County -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States