Kenneth S. Templeton Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence (1943-1946, 1950); papers related to the publication of his father's book (1945-1946).
- 1943-1946, 1950
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Kenneth Stuart Templeton Jr. was born in Evanston, Ill. in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Williamstown, Mass. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed one year of college. Templeton joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and also served at Fort Ord, Calif., Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy. Units he served with include the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, the 87th Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Antitank Battalion, 10th Mountain Headquarters Company, and the 85th Infantry Regiment Headquarters 3rd Battalion. Templeton attained the rank of Second Lieutenant and received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at St. Benedetto in 1945. In 1945, his father, Kenneth Stuart Templeton Sr. (1888-1983), compiled the book: "10th Mountain Division: America's ski troops."
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Kenneth S. Templeton Jr., 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Templeton, Kenneth S., Jr., 1923- -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script