Albert Ejem oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Ejem's basic training at Camp Robinson, Ark. before transfer to Camp Swift, Tex.; hitchhiking with a friend and being picked up by Colonel Hampton; arrival at Naples, Italy aboard the USS Argentina and transport to Naples via cargo vessel; guarding ammunition at Riva Ridge and Mt. Belvedere; discussion with a young German prisoner; 6 weeks stationed in Trieste; mission to keep the Yugoslavs from entering Italy; post WWII time in Italy and voyage to Florence; difficulty with talking about the war; friend Omar Domas who was badly wounded and who he had not seen since Italy.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Albert Henry Ejem was born in Cameron, Tex. on February 26, 1926 and enlisted in the Army at Camp Wolters, Tex. on June 6, 1944. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried and had completed three years of high school. Ejem joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. and served with Companies A and E of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Cereglio in April 1945. Ejem died in Lott, Tex. on February 11, 2006.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Albert Ejem;gift;2006. Myrna Hampton;gift;2006.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ejem, Albert H., 1926-2006 -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. Armadillo chapter.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Albert Ejem oral history,2005[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script