Bardulf C. Ueland Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1946); biographical materials (n.d.).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Bardulf Ueland was born in Halstad, Minn. in 1924 and took his basic training at Camp Barkley, Tex. and with the 24th Veterinary Hospital at Ft. Bliss, Tex. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex., serving there and in Italy. Ueland was assigned to Company A of the 10th Medical Battalion, later with the Veterinary Detachment. He attained the rank of Technician Grade 5.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Bardulf Ueland, 2000.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ueland, Bardulf C., 1924- -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Medical Battalion, 10th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script