Keith J. Kvam Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes family and condolence related correspondence (1943-1945); Kvam's military records and personal papers (1943-1946); photographs (n.d.); notes, papers, drafts and a copy of Kvam's biography: "My Brother Keith: A Remembrance" by Audrey Wendland (ca. 1998).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Keith Jerome Kvam was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on November 30, 1925. In 1943, he graduated from St. John's Military Academy, Delafield Wisconsin, where he had been an honor student and Cadet Lieutenant Colonel. Kvam obtained an appointment to Officers Candidate School, receiving a commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in August 1944 at the age of 18. He volunteered for the 10th Mountain Division, joining the division at Camp Swift, Texas. Assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, he served in both Company L and I. During combat operations in Italy, Kvam was killed in action near Castel d'Aiano on the opening day of the Po Valley offensive, April 14, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Audrey Wendland; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kvam, Keith L., 1925-1945 -- Archives.
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Keith J. Kvam Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 10, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script