Wilson P. Ware Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an assortment of pen-and-ink drawings (some with ink wash) of locations in Colo.: Aspen, Garden of the Gods, Leadville, Independence, Buena Vista, Salida, Mt. Sopris (1944); Ski-troop training (1944); military operations in Italy (1945); correspondence; ephemera; military papers. The artwork was originally part of a spiral bound artist's pad.
- Ware, Wilson P.,1913-1997. (Person)
- Ware, Wilson P., 1913-1997, (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Wilson P. Ware was born on June 11, 1913 in New York City, N.Y. He was a graduate of Yale University. Ware volunteered for the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment in 1942 and trained at Mt. Ranier, Wash. and later at Camp Hale, Colo. He was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant at Fort Benning. Ga. in 1943. Ware played a key role in planning the assault on Riva Ridge and was wounded in action in 1945. He died in Southbury, Conn. on August 24, 1997.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Wilson P. Ware;gift;1991.
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Artwork Collection.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Line drawings (drawings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pen-and-wash drawings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- Ware, Wilson P., 1913-1997 -- Archives.
- Works of art Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wilson P. Ware Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 15, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States