Alfred Sanchez papers
Identifier: C MSS WH2046
Scope and Contents
The collections contains the following materials: original artwork, newspaper clippings, writings, correspondence, letters, awards, teaching materials, International Arts Movement (IAM) papers.
- Check date
- Sanchez, Alfred,1951- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred "Al" Sanchez was born in Trinidad, Colo. in 1951. He graduated from Lincoln High School before receiving a B.S. in Sociology from the University of Colorado at Denver. While he has worked for the U.S. Postal Service, Sanchez is also a muralist. As an artist, he has created a 90 foot long mural for the Denver General Mail Facility, Denver Parks and Recreation (1979, 1981), Denver Housing Authority (1979) and for the Girls Clubs of America (1976). He has also been an instructor at the Community College of Denver and was a consultant to the National Endowment for the Arts: National Hispanic Task Force (1979-1983).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hispanic American artists -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mural painting and decoration -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sanchez, Alfred, 1951- -- Archives.
- Works of art. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Alfred Sanchez papers,1970-2008[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script