Alfred Sanchez Papers
Scope and Contents
The collections contains the following materials: original artwork, newspaper clippings, writings, correspondence, letters, awards, teaching materials, International Arts Movement (IAM) papers.
- Sanchez, Alfred,1951- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred "Al" Sanchez was born in Trinidad, Colorado in 1951. He graduated from Lincoln High School before receiving a B.S. in Sociology from the University of Colorado at Denver. While he has worked for the U.S. Postal Service, Sanchez is also a muralist. As an artist, he has created a 90 foot long mural for the Denver General Mail Facility, Denver Parks and Recreation (1979, 1981), Denver Housing Authority (1979) and for the Girls Clubs of America (1976). He has also been an instructor at the Community College of Denver and was a consultant to the National Endowment for the Arts: National Hispanic Task Force (1979-1983).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Alfred Sanchez, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hispanic American artists -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mural painting and decoration -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sanchez, Alfred, 1951- -- Archives.
- Works of art. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description