Robert H. Bates Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1950's, 1969); reports; travel and equipment testing; post-war papers and other information on Bates.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Bates was born in Philadelphia, Pa. in 1911. He had received a Ph.D. from the University of Pa. before he began working with the War Department in 1940-1941. Bates was commissioned a Captain AVS and assigned to the Office of the Quartermaster General and served in Italy from February 1944. He worked with, but was not a part of the 10th Mountain Division.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Robert Bates, 2000-2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Bates, Robert H., 1911- -- Archives.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script