A. P. Garses journal
Identifier: C MSS -M2058
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a single journal or diary compiled by Garses primarily between 1941-1944 when he worked at the Highway Mine, Morris Creek, Idaho. Entries include notations covering the operation of the mine, weather observations, addresses, accounts, stock raising, medical information, family and genealogical information (1924-1944). His sister was Mrs. Wesley C. Brown, Jackson, Calif.
- Check date
- Garses, Alfred P.,1884-1951. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred Peter Garses was born in Oakdale, Calif. on June 2, 1884. He lived and worked as miner in Idaho and Mont. In the late 1930s-1940s he was working at the Highway Mine, Morris Creek, Idaho. Garses died in Boise, Idaho on April 22, 1951.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Garses, Alfred P., 1884-1951 -- Archives.
- Highway Mine (Morris Creek, Idaho)
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mines and mineral resources -- Idaho -- Morris Creek. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the A. P. Garses journal,1924-1944[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script