605th Field Artillery Battalion, B Battery Records
Scope and Contents
The collection is comprised of three scrapbooks complied and edited by Robert K. Hermanson; Alfred Galgovitch (processing); John Tomko (Lago Di Garda tragedy research). Scrapbook #1 contains company rosters, medal awards list, Italian cemetery index, newspaper clippings,articles related to the history of B Battery of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion (1945-1990); scrapbook #2 contains an assortment of biographical information, observations, photographs of the following members of the battery: James L. Adams, Paul H. Bigley, Robert M. Cairns, Mark Caulfield, Frank R. Covello, William J. Craine, William W. Elkins, William H. Fischhaber, Alfred J. Galgovitch, Harold Garst, Lowell J. Goubeaux, Sol Gutow; scrapbook #3 continues with Robert K. Hermanson, Martin Hlavaty, Wilbur L. Kahn, Carl C. King, Edward F. Oquinn, Herman L. Pittman, Lee L. Snyder, John J. Tomko.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The 605th Field Artillery Battalion (pack) was one of three artillery units assigned to the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. The batteries fired 75mm Howitzer cannons, that were transported by mules.
2 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Robert Hermanson; 1992.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th (B Battery) -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- 605th Field Artillery Battalion, B Battery Records
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script