Eleanor Haack Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains 37 b/w photographs of the nursing and medical staff at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Carson, Colo., in Leadville, Colo. and at the Mount of the Holy Cross (1944); overseas deployment (ca. 1944); and correspondence, general orders (1945) and commission certificate (1947). Almost all of the individuals in the photographs have been identified. There is also a CD-ROM containing all of the photographs included with the collection.
- Haack, Eleanor,1919- (Person)
- Carlson, Deana, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Eleanor Haack was born in Grand Island, Nebraska in 1919. She received her nursing degree in 1943 from Lincoln General Hospital Nursing School, Lincoln, Nebraska. Haack joined the U.S. Army Nurses Corps in 1944, receiving her basic training at Camp Carson, Colorado. Later, she was stationed at Camp Hale, Colorado and was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant. Following her service at Camp Hale, Haack transferred to the Pacific Theater to aid in the war against Japan. After World War II, Eleanor married and returned to Grand Island, Nebraska where she worked as a school nurse, head nurse in a hospital and in numerous doctors' offices.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deanna Carlson; Gift; 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Haack, Eleanor, 1919- -- Archives.
- Nurses -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photo CDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eleanor Haack Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 23, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States