Norman C. Lindhjem Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes family correspondence (1941-1945); scrapbooks (n.d.); photograph albums of the Seneca Rocks training area (1943-1944), dedication of 10th Mountain Division Monument in Fort Drum, New York (October 4, 1991), army pictures; research materials and manuscripts for "History of the Studebaker Weasel" (n.d.) ; video tapes; audio cassette; memorabilia (1946-1993); newspaper clippings; notes; booklets regarding support of a perpetual world calendar (1994-1998).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Norman Lindhjem was born in Or. in 1916 and enlisted in the Army at Portland in December 1941. At the time of enlistment he had completed four years of high school and working as a truck driver. Lindhjem joined the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment at Fort Lewis, Wash. He participated in the Columbia Ice Fields test expedition in 1942, maneuvers at the Hunter-Liggett military reservation near Jolon, Calif. and as a rock climbing instructor at the Seneca Assault Climbing School at Seneca Rocks, near Elkins, W. Va. In spring 1945, Lindjhem was wounded in action during combat operations in Italy and received a Bronze Star medal.
1 oversize box
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Norman C. Lindhjem;gift;2007. Robertson, Karen;gift;2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fort Lewis (Wash.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lindhjem, Norman C., 1916- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- VHS Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Norman C. Lindhjem Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 31, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script