Leslie M. Curtis Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains the "day book" for Company E, 86th Infantry Regiment (April 1-July 1945) kept by Leslie M. Curtis, company clerk; correspondence from Mrs. Leslie M. (Mavis L.) Curtis explaining the significance of the day book (2009).
- 1945, 2009
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Leslie M. Curtis was born in Albany, N.Y. on June 25, 1923 and enlisted in the Army on February 25, 1943 at Boston, Mass. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Company B of the 86th Infantry Regiment, later with Company E. During combat operations in Italy, Curtis received the Bronze Star medal for his actions. A dentist in later life, he died in Winchester, Mass. on June 27, 2008.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mavis L. Curtis, 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curtis, Leslie M., 1923-2008 -- Archives.
- Daily reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script