Leslie E. Billings Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence between Billings and his family (1943-1945).
- Billings, Leslie E.,1911- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Leslie Billings was born in Vt. in 1911. He enlisted in the Army in 1942 at Rutland, Vt. At the time, he had completed four years of college and was unmarried. Billings served with the 10th Mountain Division and was stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash., Fort Ord, Calif., Kiska Island, Alaska, Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and in Italy. He was in Company E and Company I of the 87th Infantry Regiment, the Mountain Training Group, and the 10th Medical Companies D, C and B. While engaged in combat against German forces, Billings was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Rocca de Roffeno in April 1945.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Billings, Leslie E., 1911- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States