Kenyon K. Cooke Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence (1994) and a copy of Cooke's memoirs: "Memories of C Company 85 Mtn. Inf. in Action" edited by John Imbrie (ca. 1945).
- 1945, 1994
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Kenyon Cooke was born in Calif. in 1924 and enlisted in the Army in San Francisco, Calif. in 1943. He had completed four years of high school and was single at the time of his enlistment. Cooke joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and served in Company D of the 86th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 86th and with Company C of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy attaining the rank of Staff Sergeant. Cooke died in 1996.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Audrey M. Cooke, 1996.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cooke, Kenyon K., 1942-1996 -- Archives.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script