Charles E. Cochran Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes Cochran's military records and clothing inventories (1943-1945) and correspondence (1943-1945).
- Cochran, Charles E.,1922-2003. (Person)
- Cochran, Charles E., 1922-2003, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Cochran was born in Detroit, Mich. in 1922. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Cochran later served in Companies K and M of the 86th and was stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and saw duty in Italy. He attained the rank of Sergeant and received the Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po Valley. Cochran died in 2003.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Charles Cochran, 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cochran, Charles E., 1922-2003 -- Archives.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States