Ralph R. Bromaghin Papers
Scope and Contents
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
- Bromaghin, Ralph R. K.,1918-1945. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ralph Bromaghin was born in Wash. in 1918 and enlisted in the Army at Ft. Lewis, Wash. in 1941. Bromaghin was unmarried, had attended four years of high school and had been working as an athletic instructor and skier. He subsequently served at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and was assigned to several units, principally the Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment. During combat service in Italy, Captain Bromaghin was killed in action at Mt. Della Torraccia in February 1945. He received a posthumous Bronze Star medal.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Bromaghin, Ralph R. K., 1918-1945 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script