Walbert O. Nelson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the following items: correspondence (1988); ephemera (1945).
- 1945, 1988
- Nelson, Walbert O. (Person)
- Nelson, James, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Walbert O. Nelson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. He was assigned to the 87th Infantry Regiment; 10th Medical Battalion, Veterinary Detachment and the 10th Headquarters Company. Nelson was sent to Italy where he received a Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and the Po Valley in Spring 1945. He attained the rank of Major and died in 1991.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, James Nelson, 2004.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nelson, Walbert O. -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States