William M. Kennedy Papers
Scope and Contents
Album contains black and white snapshot photographs of Kennedy in training at army bases: Ft. Lewis, Jolon, Camp Hale; images from the Kiska, Alaska campaign (ca.1942-1944); newspaper clippings (1980, n.d.).
- 1942-1944, 1980
- Kennedy, William M.,1906-1945. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
William Murray Kennedy was born in 1906 and enlisted in the on April 6, 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a commercial artist. Kennedy joined the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Lewis, Washington where he was assigned to Company G, later with Company L of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Jolon, California; Camp Hale, Colorado; Fort Ord, Texas; Kiska, Alaska; Camp Carson, Colorado; and Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Kennedy was killed in action on March 3, 1945 at Mt. Della Vedetta. He had attained the rank of sergeant.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kennedy, William M., 1906-1945 -- Archives.
- Military training camps -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William M. Kennedy Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 23, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script