Charles J. Webb II Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence and other materials related to Webb's recruitment to the Mountain Troops (1942).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charles J. Webb, II was born in Philadelphia, Pa. in 1920 and enlisted in the Army at New Cumberland, Pa. in 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed three years of college. Webb joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment and later served with Companies A, F and the Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battalion. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. Webb died in 1998.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Charles J. Webb, 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- Webb, Charles J., II, 1920-1998 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script