Harry C. Walsh Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains military papers (1941-1945); copies of postcards (ca.1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harry C. Walsh was born in Detroit, Mich. in 1919 and enlisted in the Army at Detroit in 1941. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed three years of college and was working as a general office clerk. Walsh joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Wash. and was assigned to Company A of the 87th Infantry. He also served at Camp Hale, Colo.; Fort Ord, Calif.; Kiska, Alaska; and Camp Carson, Colo. Walsh attained the rank of Technical Sergeant while serving with the 10th Mountain Division and was sent to Officer's Candidate School at Ft. Benning, Ga. in 1944.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Harry C. Walsh, 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Postcards. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- Walsh, Harry C., 1919- -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script