Blanche Granson Blair Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains assorted correspondence, photographs, and cards received by Blanche and Arthur Blair from relatives and friends (1918-1956). Included are letters discussing events during WWII.
- Blair, Blanche Granson,1894-1979. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Blanche Clotilde Agnes Granson was born in Ind. in 1894, but lived in Portland, Ore. in the 1910s. She married Arthur W. J. Blair (1890-1974) in Denver, Colo. in 1916. Arthur Blair worked for the Denver Tramway Co. The couple lived at 1601 Olive St., Denver, Colo. and had a daughter: Ruth.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jean M. Armstrong, 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Blair, Blanche Granson, 1894-1979 -- Archives.
- Colorado -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Colorado -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script