Allen Griswold Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains 43 loose leaf pages with clippings about the 10th Mountain Division's special training and combat in Italy; 32 page pamphlet on the A.A.F. Regional Hospital, No.1, Coral Gables, Fla. (1943-1945).
- Griswold, Allen,1922-1998. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Allen Griswold was born in Mass. in 1922 and enlisted in the Army at Boston in December 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school, and working as a machine shop operator. Griswold joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., later at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He served with the 90th Infantry Regiment and with Companies B, H, M and L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Griswold was wounded in action near Monzuno in April 1945 and received the Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and the Po River area in spring 1945. He attained the rank of Sergeant. Griswold died in 1998.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Allen Griswold; 1992.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Griswold, Allen, 1922-1998 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Allen Griswold Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script