George T. Clark Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Diary (1860-1861) records journey from Madison, Wis. to Colorado (112 pages); three letters; 19 receipts; scrapbook inscribed to Frank G. Clark from George T. Clark includes newspaper columns, articles in reference to George T. and other Colorado figures; scrapbook compiled by Kate Goss Clark contains newspaper clippings on Colorado pioneer families, drawings and cards; biographical family information and anecdotes written by Frank G. Clark.; microfilm contains correspondence and diary.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George T. Clark came to Colorado in 1860. He married Kate Goss Clark (daughter of Boulder, Colo. pioneers) in 1864. They had two children, Fannie, born in Central City in 1867 and Frank, born in Denver in 1870. George T. Clark was a prominent early Denver citizen, a banker and fourth mayor of Denver, Colorado (1865-1868.)
1 oversize box(es)
1 microfilm reel(s) (35mm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Diary and correspondence gift of Mrs. Hugh (Katherine) Nelson. Gift of Richard Clark Cavenah,2006.
Originally cataloged under C MSS -M1596.
- Bankers -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mayors -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the George T. Clark family papers,1860-1868[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script