H. Harper Kerr Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
- circa 1942-1945
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harold Harper Kerr was born in Akron, Iowa in 1916. A medical doctor, he was commissioned a 1st Lieutenant in the Army in May 1942. Kerr was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division, 605th Field Artillery Battalion, Medical Detachment in March 1944. He also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. By the end of the war, Kerr had attained the rank of Captain. He died in Shalimar, Florida in 1999.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Paul Gunderman; 2000.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former TMD scrapbook #55.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kerr, Harold Harper, 1916-1999 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- H. Harper Kerr Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 26, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script