Charles F. Lehmann Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1944); ephemera and memorabilia (ca.1945); military records (1944-1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Lehmann was born in Bluffton, Ohio in 1922 and enlisted in the Army at Rochester, N.Y. in 1943. At the time of his enlistment he had completed two years of college and was unmarried. Lehmann joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and served in Companies A, G, F and H of the 86th Infantry Regiment and with the Headquarters of the 1st Battalion. He was transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Lehmann attained the rank of Sergeant and received a Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po Valley.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Charles F. Lehmann, 1992.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lehmann, Charles F., 1922- -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script