Forbes J. Mack Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains Mack's military records (1942-1946, 1946-1953); Italian Campaign photos (1944-1945).
- 1942-1953, 1999
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Forbes J. Mack was borin in Stayton, Ohio in 1918. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was later assigned to Fort Ord, Calif.; Kiska Island, Alaska; Camp Carson, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and Italy. Mack served with the Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 87th Infantry Regiment; Service Company of the 87th; Company L of the Headquarters of the 87th. He attained the rank of Captain and recieved a Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po Valley. Mack died in 2004.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Forbes J. Mack, 1999.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mack, Forbes J., 1918-2004 -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Personnel records. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script