Curt E. Krieser Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 22 loose leaf pages with identified b/w prints taken during the making of a training movie at Paradise on Mt. Rainier, Wash.; letter of commendation to personnel of the 10th Light Division regarding the training movie; letter from Krieser to his father (1944).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Curt E. Krieser was born in Vienna, Austria on February 3, 1913 and enlisted in the Army at Cleveland, Ohio on June 14, 1943. At the time of enlistment Krieser was not yet an American citizen, unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a stock clerk. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He transferred to Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. During combat operations, Krieser was wounded in action at Mt. Gorgolesco on February 20, 1945. He was later wounded a second time at C Peli on April 19, 1945. Krieser received a Bronze Star Medal and an Oak Leaf Cluster for his actions during the Apennine and Monzuno campaigns in April 1945. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Curt Krieser; 1992.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ft. Lewis (Wash.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Krieser, Curt E., 1913- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Curt E. Krieser Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 23, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script